Posted on 2016-07-25
I started running in 2015 after having not run since high school. It took months before I even remotely enjoyed it. Now, I use it as a way to wind down the week and look forward to it. Here is some of the gear I use while out on runs.
- Brooks Launch 2
- My current road running shoes. I've so far been very happy with them and have put on around 400 miles on them since buying them in November 2015.
- Brooks Launch 3
- Yep...I have the same pair of shoes, only th never version. I liked the Launch 2's so much that I decided to buy these as a backup pair once I wear the other ones out. I didn't want to risk them going away. There were no big changes to the shoe itself, only the design and colors.
- Altra Lone Peak 2.5
- These are my trail running shoes. The best part about them is the wide toe box. You never realize how much your shoes squish your toes until you wear these. They're so comfortable and fun to run in, especially on the trails where the rock plate comes in handy.
- aka a fanny pack. It's so small and light I hardly notice I'm wearing it. It's great for carrying my house key and my iPhone 6S Plus. Plus it's water resistant so there's no real risk of sweat ruining your phone.
- Great running pack for carrying extra water and snacks. I have a 1.5L hydration bladder in the pack. I don't always keep the two bottles in the front unless I'm going out for a 2+ hour run.
- I like to track all of my workouts. I went with the 230 over the 235 since the reviews for the heart rate monitor weren't that good. The battery life is great and I've never had issues with the watch.
- The quality is just fine for running. The battery lasts 6-8 hours. My only complaint is that the earbuds that they come with aren't great and so I replaced them with a pair of Comply Foam Earphone Tips.
- I feel like such a hippy with this thing on, but totally worth not having to constantly wipe sweat out of my eyes.
- I was convinced by the salesman to buy these socks since they were on sale. Now I don't think I could run without them. Far more comfortable than whatever socks I was wearing before. I never would have thought it would make that much of a difference.